- 14 February – deadline to collect your ratings
- Mid-March – finalists announced
- 24 April – Awards (Marriott, Grosvenor Square, London)
- 31 May – you must be recommended until at least this date
- 31 May – you must have an RAR membership until at least this date
Recommended Agency Register (RAR) is The Drum’s service to help brands to choose agencies, based on ratings. The RAR database contains over 55000 ratings left by brands.
Each year we download the ratings from the database to identify which agencies are the highest-rated by clients, and recognise those agencies via the RAR Awards. These awards are one of a kind in the industry – there are no entries to submit, no papers to write. Winning can only be achieved through the high regard of clients, demonstrated with ratings on recommendedagencies.com.
We can then help brands to quickly identify the best agencies across a number of disciplines and service levels (see How to Enter).
To participate in the awards you must register for an account on recommendedagencies.com, request your clients to rate your agency client ratings, and take one of our membership options.
- Your agency will feature on the awards listing page on The Drum website – Europe’s largest marketing and media website.
- Award winners will have a logo on their RAR profile page and search pages, showing clients that their work has been recognised.
- Finalists and winners get awards logos to use on their marketing.
- Finalists are linked back to their RAR profile, giving you the ability to reach a wider audience.
- Promotions go to brands, drawing their attention to the finalist agencies
There are no entry fees. The awards are a membership benefit and included in the cost of membership. Agencies will be considered for all the services they are rated on
There is no need to enter work, it's all based on client ratings. You must be a recommended agency until at least 31 May. Request your clients to rate you to extend your recommended expiry. Not recommended? To become a recommended agency, you must have 3 or more good ratings for one service. Register or login here
You must be a Premium, Profile or Platinum member until at least 31 May. Start a membership or renew your current membership. Your recommended expiry date and your membership expiry date are shown on your RAR dashboard.
The good news is that there are no reports to write, no work to submit. Simply collect as many ratings as you can via recommendedagencies.com and check your membership is still valid until at least 31 May.
- Ask your clients to rate all the services you provide - then you'll be considered in more categories
- The awards ratings are weighted, with higher weighting going to agencies with more ratings, so the more ratings you have, the higher your score will be
After the deadline we download ratings of our RAR member agencies and use the data to find the top-rated agencies. The awards are split into three sizes of customer group - 0-40 staff, 40-99 staff and 100+ staff.
Categories are split into service level categories:
- Client service
- Creativity / Innovation
- Strategic thinking
- On time
- On budget
And marketing disciplines:
- Brand Strategy
- Corporate Communications
- CRM & Data Design
- Direct Marketing
- Market Research
- Media Buying
- Packaging Design
- Print Production
- Promotional Marketing
- Public Relatings
- TV/Video/Audio Production
Please note the RAR Digital Awards take place in June
The finalists will be announced here on the website, via social media and on recommendedagencies.com in March.
Members will be notified when the announcement has been made.
Finalists will find out if they have won an award at the gala awards ceremony which takes place on April 24 in London in the Marriott Grosvenor Square.
The Awards Ceremony:
- Date: 24 April 2018
- Venue: The Marriot Grosvenor Square, London
- Time: 6.45pm for 7.30pm until 1am
- Dress code: Black tie
All tickets include:
- Entrance to the awards
- Drinks reception
- 3 course dinner
- Half a bottle of wine per person
- The opportunity to catch up/network with colleagues
Tickets are on sale now.